Turning to Another Hobby

    Author: Rolland Genre: »
    Rating

    I need a hobby.

    Previously, I spent my time creating PDA applications for the Palm OS and then selling them through eStores. I spent my evenings planning out the different forms and programming the code. It was a good hobby that kept me distracted and brought me some pocket money. I used a program called PDAToolbox and various third party programs.

    And then cell phones began to be more intelligent. There was a sudden drop in interest in Palm OS applications and I think that was because cell phones became PDA’s, so to speak. I noticed my sales virtually dried up before my eyes and there was no market for my applications anymore.

    In retrospect, I got into it at the exact right time. Palm had just put out its Palm Pilot and I received one for a graduation gift. Then PDA’s began to rise in popularity. I sold about 250 of my 8 different applications (combined) literally around the world. Then, it all stopped.

    Now, I find myself restless and needing something to do so I am looking for a hobby. I want a hobby with which I can produce something. So, I am thinking of buying a wood lathe. I think wood turning would be quite enjoyable and relaxing and there is a variety of things I could create with it.

    I have been looking at a couple of different mini lathes. I am really thinking about this one (See Here). It is starter kit for first time wood turners and includes everything you need to make several wooden pens. Seems like fun.

    Soooo…I am thinking about it. This may be the only post this blog ever has. If I go ahead with it, I will post my adventures with wood turning, which will hopefully NOT be a record of all my injuries. I will post projects I am working on and hopefully have pictures. It may be a fun ride. Let me know what you think.

    Blogger templates

    Blogger news

    Blogroll