Bowling for Halloween

    Author: Rolland Genre: »
    Rating

    On Halloween, I turned my first bowl. The next day, I turned my second bowl. I glued my hunk of wood to a small piece of wood which was eventually attached to a face plate which was attached to the lathe. The following pictures are not that great (they were taken from my wife's Blackberry) but maybe you can get the idea of the bowls and lids I turned. Both bowls have lids even though they are not pictured as such.






    I really enjoyed turning these little projects. I think I like the idea that they are not kits to which you turn. Instead, they are entirely creative and all my own design, so to speak (not that there is much creativity to make a round bowl).

    I wish the pictures here are better. The finish on these bowls are absolutely beatiful. I am not sure what wood this was (I was a scrap which I had in my box) but it was a rich dark wood with a great grain. The finish brought a great shine to the projects. They ended up really nice for my first bowls. I plan to do more of these. I really enjoyed doing them.

    Blogger templates

    Blogger news

    Blogroll