It May Be A Mini Table Leg...

    Author: Rolland Genre: »
    Rating

    When I told my friend Tony that I was going to be starting wood turning with a lathe, he asked me with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, "Other than table legs, what can you do with a lathe?"

    I went on and on about all the different things you can make with a lathe: pens, crochet hooks, chess pieces, travel mugs, and etc., etc.. "I can do all kinds of things with a lathe."

    So I received my lathe and got it all together and solemly placed my first piece of wood in the lathe and began turning. I was just playing; getting used to the tools, wood, and lathe. Here is the result (click picture for a larger image):



    It is about 6" long and looks just like a table leg......for mice. So, I guess Tony was right. Hopefully, my skill will move along so I graduate from table legs to something more interesting.

    Blogger templates

    Blogger news

    Blogroll