Table Leg #2

    Author: Rolland Genre: »
    Rating

    I made another "table leg". But I am still trying to learn all the different things about the tools. Click the picture for a larger image.


    On this table leg, in addition to the gouge, I used the parting tool and the skewing tool. This helped me make the band in the middle of the spindle (around 7" in the picture) as well as some of the other stops (like at 3½" and 9½" inches). I also unsuccessfully attempted to mirror the middleof the spindle. the "hour glass" on the right is a little longer and is not as thick as the left side but I did not have any calipers (yet) and was working by sight.

    I also used a much longer piece than the previous spindle (see the previous post). I think the wood I am using is incredibly hard wood and may be more than my little tools can handle. I got the wood in a package from the place I received my lathe. They had a five pound box of scrap wood. I used these and I think they are really, really hard.

    Anyway, a few more and I will have a full table.

    Blogger templates

    Blogger news

    Blogroll